Observation of recent Auroral activity

anonymous anonymous at fakedomain.ips
Thu Oct 3 09:49:14 EST 2002

Please find below some recent reports of good auroral activity from southern
Victoria.

Marty Rudd's report is from his home location in Somerville, Victoria, about
50km south east of Melbourne.  The approximate latitude is 39 degrees south.

Rob McNaught's report is from Coonabarabran in NSW at Siding Spring.

Also please find below FYI some information about our auroral alert
telephone network that helps more people see this phenomenon (though they
don't necessarily report it).

Regards,
Peter Skilton
president, Astronomical Society of Frankston Inc.