tok, Alaska aurora report

anonymous anonymous at fakedomain.ips
Thu Oct 3 01:54:20 EST 2002

Hi dear ones ... had it not been for you i would have missed a phenomemal
northern lights experience last night.  All night long it rained.  THICK
clouds.  Kept checking anyway ... at 6 this morning i went out and it was
still raining ... but the aurora was sooo strong overhead, in many wide blue
bands, with one point in the northswest sky that was so brightly glowing and
fading that it was like a fire behind the clouds.
    I have NEVER since 52 seen northern lights so bright that they could be
seen through clouds while rain fell fast and heavy all about!  NOT a star
anywhere in the sky ... but my imagination could only guess what wonders were
obscured that we saw through the clouds what we did!  Thanks for your report
that alerted me to LOOK!  Love, margie.