[STSP] Editorial on space science in Sun-Herald last Sunday (14 August) plus our IHY representative.

Iver Cairns cairns at physics.usyd.edu.au
Wed Aug 17 15:19:47 EST 2005

Dear Members of the Australian STSP community,

Greetings after a gap in communications. Two things.

First, attached you will find an editorial/opinion piece by Sun-Herald
reporter Daniel Dasey, titled "Why we should get into
space'', published in last Sunday's Sun-Herald. It includes material
from an interview with me in my capacity as Chair of the National
Committee for Space Science. Enjoy.

Second, Prof. Brian Fraser, U. Newcastle, is the new
IHY (International Heliophysical Year) representative
for Australia on the International IHY Steering Committee.
He can be reached at brian.fraser at newcastle.edu.au .

Best wishes,

            Iver Cairns.

Dr. Iver Cairns,
Australian Professorial Fellow and Associate Professor.

School of Physics,       Email: cairns at physics.usyd.edu.au
University of Sydney,
NSW 2006,                Work phone: +61-2 9351-3961
Australia                Work fax:   +61-2 9351-7726.

President, Section ST (Solar Terrestrial), and Council member
of the Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS)

Chair, Division IV (Solar Wind and Interplanetary Magnetic field)
of the International Association of Geomagnetism and Aeronomy (IAGA)

Chair, National Committee for Space Science (Australian Academy of
Science)

Chair, Solar-Terrestrial and Space Physics Group of the
Australian Institute of Physics.

Treasurer, NSW Branch of the Australian Institute of Physics.