[STSP] Invitation for IHY participation

Phil Wilkinson phil at ips.gov.au
Mon Jul 25 10:57:24 EST 2005

Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 02:55:21 +1000
From: cairns at physics.usyd.edu.au

Dear All,

we need to identify a good person to be Australia's representative
on the International Steering Committee for the International
Heliophysical Year (IHY). I have been asked to do this, per the
included email and attachment, but must decline due to too many
other responsibilities and the desire to broaden the Australian
community's involvement in IHY. Joe Davila says that a
magnetospheric or ionospheric person would be excellent, since
the Committee already has lots of solar/interplanetary
people on it, but a solar/interplanetary person would be
fine too. Please send me and the STSP Committee (see previous
STSP list emails) your suggestions, especially self-nominations.
With thanks, from the IAGA meeting,

Iver

(Iver Cairns, Chair, STSP Committee).

----- Forwarded message from "Joseph M. Davila"