Posted through the URSI-Commission-G Mailing List: early registr dealine extended URSI

Michael Rietveld mike at eiscat.uit.no
Sat May 14 23:09:26 EST 2011

The following message has just come from the URSI 2011 GASS
organisers, extening the early registration deadline by 3 weeks:

Dear Colleagues,

Due to the delay in the schedule of notification of the status of the
submissions and announcement of the scientfic program, early
registration deadline is extended to 5th of June 2011. In order to
neutralize the effect of time differences between the countries, it will
be taken as the local time where you are.

We would like to make explanation about some complaints with the
difficulities encountered during on line payment for registration and
hotel booking:

        Registration and booking are two different processes, you are
not supposed to book a hotel while registering to the URSIGASS2011.

        Registration, accommodation and pre and post-conference tour
bookings should be done at the URSIGASS2011 web site at
http://www.ursigass2011.org .

        For registering at URSIGASS2011 web site you need to create a
new account at https://www.regmodule.com/2011ursigass/?plng=3Deng ,
which is different than the account used for paper submission.

        The online registration system which is used on URSIGASS2011
is a 3D Secure system provided by VISA and Master Card.

        If the credit card used for on-line payment is not a 3D
Secure one, the system automatically rejects the transaction.

        If the credit card used for on-line payment is a 3D Secure
one and still same problem arises, then we kindly request the
card-holder to contact the bank.

        The problem may be a data transfer problem; and the system on
both sides should be checked. Because if the data is corrupted during
the data transfer between two countries due to technical problems, then
the system again can not approve the payment.

        If the bank of the card holder and we can not find a
solution, then we try to charge the registration fee to the credit card
by a mail order form.

As the Organizing Committee of URSIGASS2011 we are working at our best
to provide a convenient and efficient service for all kinds of requests.

We look forward to welcoming you in Istanbul.

Best Regards,

URSI GASS 2011 Organizing Committee