[STSP] FW: IUGG 2011 Abstract Deadline Extended to 7 February - 6 days to go

Phil Wilkinson phil at ips.gov.au
Wed Feb 2 09:03:03 EST 2011

IUGG2011 ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 11.59PM (GMT)
MONDAY 7TH FEBRUARY

The IUGG2011 Organising Committee has received many requests to extend
the abstract submission deadline to allow for late submissions. Many
scientists in countries experiencing financial hardship are having
difficulty in securing funding commitments to attend the conference,
and in some countries telecommunications are currently very difficult
due to political problems. We would like to give those scientists as
much chance to participate as our organisational schedule will allow.

The IUGG2011 abstract submission website will therefore remain open
until 11.59 p.m. (Greenwich Mean Time; GMT) on Monday 7th February.
The abstract submission system will be closed down at that time to
allow processing of the many thousands of abstracts received to begin.

NO FURTHER ABSTRACTS CAN BE ACCEPTED AFTER
THE 7th February DEADLINE EXPIRES.

THIS IS FINAL.