[STSP] Comments sought on ISR in Antarctica

Phil Wilkinson phil at ips.gov.au
Thu Apr 3 10:42:50 EST 2008

Dear All,

As you may be aware, SRI with NSF support has developed a "transportable"
Incoherent Scatter Radar (ISR), called AMISR. There is now serious
consideration as to whether an ISR should be located in the Antarctic (in
addition to the Japanese PANSY project). To this end, SRI/NSF are convening
a small planning workshop to be held 8-9 August in Chicago in conjunction
with the URSI General Assembly. Together with scientists from 11 other
countries, I have been invited to participate and to provide both a personal
and Australian perspective.

As part of their contribution, each invitee has been asked to give a 10-min
talk outlining their views on the scientific topics that could be addressed
and where an ISR would be best located in the SH. While I have my own views,
I would appreciate receiving any input that you would like to provide.
Please respond no later than 25 April as I am required to provide an
abstract to SRI by the end of April. Please don't hesitate to contact me if
you need more information.

Regards,

Bob

Prof. Robert A. Vincent
Head of Physics
University of Adelaide
Adelaide 5005
Australia

Ph: (61 8) 8303-5758 Fax: (61 8) 8303-4384
e-mail: robert.vincent at adelaide.edu.au
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately
delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No
representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of
viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the
recipient.