Report of Aurora Observation from Melbourne, Sighted in Lalor, 3075. [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Public reports of aurora sightings ips-aurora-sightings at ips.gov.au
Wed May 22 13:21:07 EST 2019

Date: 16/05/2019
Time: 03:51 (LT)
Location: Melbourne, Sighted in Lalor, 3075.
Type (Diffuse or Arcs): Diffuse. Flashing. Spread across the entire sky. Sudden spectacular light-show of electric blues.
Colours: Blues - about 427.8nm etc. Mostly ionized Nitrogen
Extent: The entire night Sky was suddenly dominated by vibrant electric blues, flashing.
Other Details: As a physicist and librarian, obsessed with astronomy: This is the most spectacular sight I have ever seen over the many long years of observing the night sky. I was up chasing the eta-Aquarids and ended up seeing the Aurora Australis instead! Un moment unique et magique!