Report of Aurora Observation from Lake Ballard, Western Australia [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Public reports of aurora sightings ips-aurora-sightings at listserver.ips.gov.au
Fri May 5 11:29:57 EST 2017

Date: 16/07/2012
Time: 02:05 (LT)
Location: Lake Ballard, Western Australia
Type (Diffuse or Arcs):
Colours:
Extent:
Other Details: On 16 July 2012 (2.05AM WAST), at Lake Ballard, Western Australia (29.4 degrees South), I photographed an Aurora.

I did a large photomosaic panoramic image (with a Canon 5DII camera), and the red glow is clearly visible.

The image was entered into the Australian Institute of Physics (WA Branch) photo competition, and it received first place in the open category.

I wonder if this is the most northerly Aurora report in Australia during 2012 ?

by anonymous
without email