aurora over Hobart 5 April 06

anonymous anonymous at fakedomain.ips
Thu Apr 6 13:48:26 EST 2006

Observed from Montrose (Hobart, Tasmania, Australia) intermittently between approximately 10 and 11:30 pm on Wednesday 5 April 2006.

The display consisted mostly of pulses with some weak rays, and was to the south-southwest (behind Mt Wellington) from my viewpoint. Coverage was perhaps one-tenth of the sky at most during the time that I watched. No distinct colour yet strong enough to be seen through Hobart's skyglow and the slight haze of moisture and woodsmoke in the air.

Thanks and regards,