Photo from Southern Tasmania Australia

anonymous anonymous at fakedomain.ips
Thu Aug 25 20:52:45 EST 2005

Photo of aurora from Blackmans Bay Tasmania taken at 2am local time
Thursday 25 August. We started observing the aurora directly overhead at
about 8:30pm Wednesday 24 August. Colour white to the naked eye but green
in photos. Lots of curtains and searchlights.

This is my first photo of an aurora - hey !!! For camera buffs it was taken
with a Pentax digital SLR camera at 10 seconds exposure and fstop 4.0 and
ISO 1600 and tripod.

Can you identify the Southern Cross and Pointers in the photo?