Aurora

anonymous anonymous at fakedomain.ips
Wed Aug 24 21:35:01 EST 2005

Hi,

I saw an aurora that came from my south and extended overhead, I live about
50km north of Launceston (Tasmania) and it seemed to come from Launceston
because at first I thought it was the city light reflection.  Mostly
concentrated in the West but some green activity in the East.  I noticed it
first at about 7:40pm and it faded out about 8:25pm.  It was green and some
pink from horizon upwards, with some searchlight type streaks.

There is still a bit of greenish light in the East but much fainter
(9:30pm).

It was pretty amazing.

Melanie