Fw: Southern Lights

anonymous anonymous at fakedomain.ips
Thu Nov 11 13:27:55 EST 2004

Ian Barnes-Keoghan recommended that I forward this email to you.
I can add more to it now - the lights actually continued until at least 11.30pm, because I looked out immediately before going to bed.
There was a series of "arcs" above the horizon - not just one - and from below and from within them surged "beams" of white/green light - almost like searchlight-effects. The word "coruscating", which I have never before understood properly, would seem to be the best description of the effects. "Stunning" just doesn't really cut it!

I would appreciate being put on any email listing for warnings that this sort of phenomenon is possibly due.

Cheers
Lynda Manwaring

Tasmania 7116
<SNIP>