Aurora Alert

anonymous anonymous at fakedomain.ips
Wed Nov 10 22:53:05 EST 2004

Dear Sirs,
 I have just written an email to IPS but I think to the wrong recipient so I
shall replicate it.
 We are located at Midway Point, a small town 25 kilometres East from
Hobart, southern Tasmania
 At shortly after dusk this evening the nor-east sky which had darkened
began to glow green and this glow spread across the broader horizon as the
last of the sun was lost. It was very afterwards that most of the horizon
had become very green. The usual pulsations of energy bursting up and over
the horizon until it was directly over head began.
This was the peculiar rippling effect we'd seen before.
 At approx. 2145 hrs, EST, there was a large surge in activity - visible due
south was a huge glowing mass of energy at horizon level. This shortly began
to expand and surge up and over our viewing position but the mass energy
display was positioned to almost level to where the Southern Cross is to be
found in the night sky.
 This was an enormous light display and at our viewing we could discern
colour green through to amber, scarlet and other variations of red colours
in depth of hues.
 We could turn to the west and still observe light bearing energy waves
travelling back over us and when the large 'rays' of energy were like strobe
lights the moving energy bands would interact with this apparently
stationary mass.
 The apparent peak of display lasted some 15 minutes.
 Thanks for the aurora alerts, very well timed and accurate,
Yours Faithfully
Peter Taylor