Aurora observed

anonymous anonymous at fakedomain.ips
Mon Nov 8 19:18:05 EST 2004

Hi

Switched on at 15:00 AEDST & noted a massive aurora in progress.
It is so intense, it has almost reached UHF frequencies!!! Maximun MUF was
216.26Mhz.

I noted almost every VHF TV channels ie: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11.

Also getting 45.25, 55.26 & 62.26 from NZ. I also got a possible signal from
KVZK-2 American Samoa off the aurora too (measured at 55.247, which is close
to KVZK's 55.248).

The FM band was absolutely FULL, from top to bottom! Aurora began to ease at
around 17:30 and still going as I type this at 19:17 AEDST.

Geoff < Bombala NSW> "dxer2 at hotmail dot com"