Thursday's aurora

anonymous anonymous at fakedomain.ips
Fri Oct 31 10:03:22 EST 2003

The radio aurora (144 MHz) was going well when I came in about 2030
Z.  (Nothing about 2 hours earlier).  Had to leave immediately, was on air
about 2100 Z.  Signals generally fewer and weaker than yesterday.  Signals
from the east across to the west.  All peaking with beam on about 330°
today.  Noticed that stations only about 200 miles away were working a lot
of stations that I couldn't hear at all.  (Unlike yesterday, when I could
hear almost everything that anyone else worked).  Southernmost stations
heard were in FM07 (southern VA), EM66 (Nashville, TN, area), to EM25
(OK).  Thought I heard one Maine station, but very weak and couldn't get
everything.  Hearing stations slightly farther north than yesterday.  Not
really much of an aurora here in central KY.  Band about dead by 2300
Z.  Doubt that it will return, but don't know.

    Shelby Ennis, W8WN - EM77bq - KY
       Web: http://qsl/w8wn/
                              <><