Aurora report

anonymous anonymous at fakedomain.ips
Wed Mar 21 20:42:33 EST 2001

Hi ... i live in Tok, Alaska.  Have seen auroras up here since 1952.  Last
night's was surely one of the tops.  colors in blood red, blue, bluegreen,
yellows, yellow'greens, greys.  Vibrant, so light you could not see stars at
times.  Multi ribbons cascading east/west, horizon to horizon, and at times
spectacular action in every direction.  One of the most "splendiferous"
performances i have ever seen.  Best from about ll pm to 3 am, with strongest
performance of all between ll and l am. What a show!!!!!!!!  wish you were
here!!!!!! Love, margie.  <SNIP Address>.  I think these occurred
so strongly because my camera batteries all were dead ... wouldn't you know
it!!!!!
PS ... am watching for lights tonight ... at about 10 pm, Tuesday say some on
the northern horizon.  light ones overhead hardly noticeable at about
midnight.  nothing since.  will keep you posted ... hoping for repeat
performance tonight when i have the batteries in good shape!!!!  lol.  love,
margie.