Aurora Observed

anonymous anonymous at fakedomain.ips
Sat Aug 12 21:43:49 EST 2000

We were outside from approximately 3:15AM Mountain Daylight Time and
observed aurora at Ogallala, Nebraska, (USA), on 8/12/00, from
approximately 3:30AM Mountain Daylight Time until approximately 5:00AM
Mountain Daylight Time.  It was in the northern sky, spanning in columns
jutting upward into the sky from the northern horizon from the east to the
west.  As the dawn lightened, it became more intense in the western end.
 Throughout the time we observed it, it would brighten and fade, being
continually present, with some subtle colorations of light red in parts of
it.  It was visible until almost sun up.
With the meteor shower occurring at the same time, it was amazing to
observe meteors in/through the aurora!